Over the last 4 years VIA have walked 8,600 miles across the UK with over 300 veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Starting in Andover on the 04th of May, VIA will start its largest challenge to date called ‘Walk 4 PTSD’ which is a 4,000 mile walk around the coastline on mainland GB.
The main costs of our walking expeditions are Food, Campsites and Fuel for our support vehicles which are a Leyland DAF Tour Bus that was converted by the veterans we help and two Ford Mini Buses. We estimate that we will need to fill our vehicles every 300 miles which factors in some contingency and would cost approximately £300 at today’s prices to fill them and this is the reason for me contacting you.
VIA are looking for fuel sponsors that will sponsor us the cost of a tank of fuel for each vehicle in the locations on the list below or allow us to fill up using their own fuel tanks if you have them. This would save us approximately £5,000 off the cost of our expedition if we can achieve this from different companies around the country which would mean all funds would be used to help those veterans who suffer.
- 04th May 2015 – Andover
- 08th – 11th May – Chatham/Gillingham/Maidstone
- 20th – 26th Hull/Skegness/Mablethorpe/Boston
- 30th May – 01st June – Newcastle/Sunderland/Middlesbrough
- 10th – 15th June – Aberdeen
- 18th – 21st June – Inverness
- 27th – 30th June – Skye
- 02nd – 07th July – Glasgow
- 10th – 13th July – Carlisle
- 20th – 22nd July – Blackpool/Liverpool/Chester
- 29th July – 03rd August – Llanelli/Swansea/Cardiff/Bristol
- 06th – 13th August – Newquay
- 19th August – Plymouth
- 29th – 30th August Bournemouth/Southampton
If any company can help VIA in this it would be very much appreciated.